Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Complimentary Colors: Bouquet


I used this photo for my complimentary colors assignment. The fire-like reds and oranges in the flowers look beautiful with the soft blues in the vase. I used the white backdrop again to make the colors pop. The artificial lighting in this image is actually behind the vase which creates the lighting in the petals on the edge of the bouquet while the rest of the flowers and the vase is shadowed more. I used a 5.6 F-stop to make most of the flowers in focus while the vase is mainly out of focus. I like the composition of this image because it graduates from dark to light with the rule of thirds as each vertical third of the page from right to left gets lighter. Also, I took the shot from an angle almost below the flowers in the vase which makes it more interesting. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment